A Men’s 36 Hole Qualifying Scratch Medal Competition, open to male Members & Visitors on Sun 25th June 17 played on the Ross-on-Wye course from the White tees
1st Round Tee times from 7.30am –9.30am subject to availability.
Registration opens at 0700
Prizes, 1st, 2nd, 3rd & 4th
Entry Fee- £28.00 (Visitors), £18.00 (Members)
Includes Sandwiches & Chips
Active Handicaps required. Players will be balloted out in handicap order with the draw being made on 20 June 16. Handicaps of 6 and below will be entered immediately until entry is full, HC's above 6 will be held until the draw is made. Players balloted out will receive a full refund.
This is a GGU Duchess Salver qualifying event.
1. The Championship will be a 36 hole individual medal competition playing off the White tees, for the Ross On Wye Golf Club Scratch Cup. This is a GGU Duchess Salver qualifying event.
2. Play shall be in accordance with the Rules of The Royal and Ancient Golf Club of St. Andrews, the club rules and the Competition rules.
3. Entries shall be made on the entry form obtainable from the Clubs website or online and fees must accompany the entry. Entries will not be accepted other than via the official completed entry form or website. Entrance monies will not be refunded except for those entrants who have intimated a scratching before the closing date for entries, or those who have been balloted out. Entry is open to male members and visitors.
4. Entrants must be of amateur status as defined by The Royal and Ancient Golf Club of St. Andrews. Active handicaps are required. Entrants will be balloted out in handicap order with the draw being made on 21 June 16. Handicaps of 6 and below will be entered immediately until entry is full, HC's above 6 will be held until the draw is made. Players balloted out will receive a full refund.
5. The competition Committee may refuse any entry without assigning any reason to do so.
6. In the event of applications exceeding the available places, entries for the higher handicap competitors shall be decided by ballot which shall take place immediately after the closing date for entries. All unsuccessful entries will be given the opportunity to compete if scratching occurs.
7. The Committee reserve the right to fix and/or alter starting times. In the event of play having to be abandoned/postponed the Committee reserve the right to amend the rules of the competition.
8. Competitors will be at the tee at least five minutes before their starting time. Any competitor who is absent when called upon to start will be disqualified.
9. The prize vouchers will be awarded on a count back over the last 9,6,3 holes etc. No competitor shall be eligible to win more than one major prize.
10. Competitors are warned that they will be penalised for "undue delay" under Rule 6-7.
11. Any questions or disputes will be dealt with by the Administrator or the Committee on the day, whose decision will be final. If the Championship Committee is not satisfied with an explanation for a breach of discipline the competitor will be barred from entering or taking part in any ROWGC event for such a period as the Committee shall decide.
12. The Committee approve the use of buggies in the Championship.
13. Measuring devices may be used for calculating distances only.
14. The Committee approve the use of caddies.
1. Registration will open at 0700.
2. Prizes will be awarded to 1st, 2nd, 3rd & 4th placed gross scores.
3. Entry fees are £18 for members and £28 for non-members.
The contact for this competition is Nic Pomeroy (07740 858369)